Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Letter to Milojo

I just sent the below e-mail to Danielle at Milojo informing her of womentorz.com. I hope I hear something back. Keep your fingers crossed.

Hello Danielle-

I’m sure you’re receiving a ton of e-mails from women inventors who attended the casting call, so I understand time is limited. My name is Melinda Knight (Inventor of the AttachaTray from Seattle, WA) and I attended the Chicago casting call. It was a pleasure meeting you. You did an amazing job organizing everything. It was such a wonderful experience not only because of the casting call, but in the process I met some of the most amazing women with fabulous inventions. I’m an entrepreneur at heart and run four businesses from my home while juggling two kids. There were so many wonderful ideas and many women have actually had their inventions manufactured, but they don’t know how to market themselves or understand the business side of things. Many of the women I networked and bonded with have been staying in touch and have formed a supportive community of women inventors. I have started a blog that is gathering a lot of attention: http://womentors.blogspot.com/. After Chicago I realized there was a niche that hasn’t been explored where an ecommerce website is developed for women inventors to get their product directly to the consumer. The website will be launched in about three months and can be found at www.womentorz.com . It will basically be an Amazon.com , where buyers can find the latest and greatest inventions by women only that can’t be found in the stores. The sellers will have direct access to their product posting and buyers will be able to comment on the invention/inventor. So many women across the nation and even worldwide are very excited about this untapped market. I know that very few of the women who attended the casting call are going to make it on the show, so I would appreciate it if there was some way to let the many that won’t make it know about this exciting opportunity for women inventors to sell their inventions in a safe and supportive environment. I thank you for your time. Have a great day.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Great idea about forming the website. I will definately want to take part.

Can't disclose my product quite yet.

Kara

Unknown said...

Hi Melinda,
Keep me posted on the details. This sounds great. I am in!!

Roberta Wagner
Carry-Her Inc

www.carry-her.com

Unknown said...

I'm so happy to see so many women excited about this opportunity. Three months can't come soon enough.

Amy Sapirstein said...

This is an excellent platform and I look forward to showcasing my product, Mommy Mitten, on here once it is launched and ready! I hope to also be able to contribute in other ways to this initiative, so please call on me anytime.
Thanks!
Amy Sapirstein
http://www.activeurbanmom.wordepress.com

Unknown said...

Hi Amy-
It's so nice to finally meet you. I've heard some wonderful things about you. I can't wait to showcase your invention. Thank you for posting useful links as well. I've added them as sites to visit on the blog. You're welcome to e-mail any time at mknight@intuitivesafetysolutions.com. I would love to stay in contact. That goes for everyone that has an immediate question and/or invention they would like me to showcase. All I need is a write up and a photo and you're invention will be posted on the blog for all the world to see. We've been receiving an average of 200 hits a day now.

Amy Sapirstein said...

Thanks Melinda! Jen Cannon turned me onto your blog and project. Her and I finally spoke over the phone yesterday. I will work on a write and and send it along with pics of Mommy Mitten in the next few days and thank you in advance for posting it t your blog! If there is anything I can do to help you, please do not hesitate to ask either.

Unknown said...

It's my pleasure. If you have anything you would like to discuss or post just send it to me via e-mail. The articles get a little more attention than the comments. We all come across issues both good and bad that can be shared with the group. Also, if you want to ask a question to the group to get comments this will be a great forum to do so. Welcome aboard!