Friday, July 10, 2009

Calling All Women Inventors

Hello! I recently attended a casting call in Chicago for TLC looking for Women Inventors. The experience was amazing and it provided an avenue to meet some astounding women in the process. I'm a business woman at heart and saw that there was a real need for a safe environment for women inventors to showcase and sell their inventions. I am about to launch a web site that I'm calling womentors.com and would like to start gathering interest. Everyone I have spoken with has been extremely excited about the idea and I already have a team of ecommerce pros that will assist me in creating an amazing and user friendly web site. I would love to hear from fellow female inventors. I will also be posting information I compile through my own struggles in getting the "AttachaTray" (patent pending) to market. I look forward to hearing your stories and building a network of support.

3 comments:

Dawn Ristow said...

Hello Mel, it's me Dawn Love, Love, Love this idea for a web site! Count me in!!! What can I do to help and how can I give a little jib jab on my great product Kupboard Keepsakes?

Regina said...

Hello Melinda,
I sent a video in to showcase my invention. I haven't heard a word from Milojo, so I'm guessing it's a no. Either way, I'm interested in selling my product. I first have to get a patent and have absolutely NO idea where to begin. So, do you think that would be part of your website? If not, do you have any suggestions on where to begin? Of couse, I'm a stay at home Mom and funds are tight. Thank you for your help and I look forward to the launch of your site, womentors.com!! --Regina

Unknown said...

Hi Regina-
Womenzor.com (which I just purchased the domain for) will definitely have links to recommended sites providing inventor information, but mostly it will be a place to post your invention for visitors to purchase. In regards to a patent, I woud suggest going to Legalzoom.com to get a provisional patent. It's extremely easy...just 15 to 20 minutes. This allows you to use the phrase "patent pending" and they're a fraction of the price an attorney would charge you. You can also conduct your own patent search on google patent search. These are great places to start to get your product protected and you can always invest more as revenue comes in. I hope this helps.