Friday, April 23, 2010

Inventor Showcase: Sweet Princess Bowtique Silk Flower Hats

I hope you're all ready to see THE MOST ADORABLE baby product!!!  Every time I see pictures of the Princess Bowtique Silk Flower Hats invented by Tamara Picard-Orkwis it puts a huge smile on my face.  I love my two boys to death, but her product makes me wish I had a little girl to dress her up in these precious hats!  I know what I will be buying for my next baby shower for a little girl.  I am honored to have such a fun product available on Womentorz.  Lets all get to know Tamara and her invention:
Q. How did you come up with the idea of your invention? 

I've always loved unique photography pictures and the props photographers use and when I had my daughter Lilli in 2007, I knew I wanted to take pictures with her looking like she was a flower or a flower in a pot. I think those pictures are soo adorable and unique. I looked every where to find one but couldn't. So, I decided to create one myself and the Silk Flower Hat was born! Lilli was my first tester and once I saw it on her I knew I created an adorable product!


Q.  What unique features does your product inherit?

Each silk flower hat is hand made..each flower is had attached so each customer receives a one of a kind product.


Q. What was your experience like in the actual design of
your product? 

It was an exciting experience to be able to create a unique fashion accessory for baby's.  It was most important that the hat looked real and it was comfortable for the baby.


Q. How do you balance launching a new business with family?

It's been challenging, I can not lie.  With a almost 3 year old, trying to find time to spend time with her, cleaning the house, making dinner, laundry and the most important time with my husband has been hard. I've started to do most of my creating at night but feel like I still need more time for family. I think it's a learning process and I'm still trying to work it out! Hopefully meeting other talented women inventors with family's can offer some advice! :)


Q. What did you do prior to your invention?

I worked at a Fortune 100 Insurance Company as a Supervising Accountant.

Q. What fact would readers find interesting about you?

I guess the most interesting fact is that I'm a childhood cancer survivor. I was diagnosed with childhood leukemia when I was 8 years old. With the love and care of many doctors and family, I'm healthy and able to have a beautiful little girl and family. 

No comments: