Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Whittle Your Waistline Wednesday ~ Week 3

Good morning! I can't believe it's already Wednesday again! I am excited to report that all of this healthy living is paying off! Some of you may be wondering why I haven't posted numbers or measurements here to track my progress. For me a scale is my worst enemy, the devil incarnate. In the past I have found that if the number was wrong it seemed to be an instant trigger to say well, what the hell - may has well throw a cheeseburger down my throat! I have come to realize that the more complicated I make a "diet", the more of a head game it becomes. So here's what I know: I am not on a "diet". I like how I feel when I eat a certain way and get to the gym or outside for some vigorous aerobic activity! My clothes look and feel better and I have dropped one size! Yipppeee Skipppeee!

Since I have not completely planned my day today, I thought I would share some ideas for fast convenient meals that are balanced and designed to keep your metabolism moving. I can't help but revert back to knowledge gained from the Dr. Barry Sears' and The Zone. I do eat frozen meals at times and when I do, I look for the ones that have similar amounts of carbs vs. protein. I like to think of them as a team working together.

Here are a few examples of what I might be eating today:

FIRST THING - Water (love you Gram!) Gotta have a nice cup of coffee too!

BREAKFAST

Quaker Oatmeal (not instant) 1/2 cup mixed with hot water - NOT COOKED - just stir in the water and let sit for a minute or so, sprinkle some cinnamin and maybe a little Stevia (natural sugar substitute) and enjoy! You could also cut up some fresh strawberries to mix in as well. It's a great way to start the morning and keeps you feeling full!

SNACK

1/2 of EAS Edge Bar - Peanut Butter Chocolate is my fav! OR
1 small Golden Delicious apple OR
1 2% Fage Yogurt ~ comes with strawberry, cherry or peach! YUM

LUNCH

Lean Cuisine Meatloaf w/whipped potatoes (might sound odd - but it's a PERFECT Zone meal!) OR
Lean Cuisine Chicken w/wild rice OR
Kashi Chicken Florentine*

*The Kashi meals are really delicious! They do have more carbs, but that is because of the high fiber content which is great and theyare all natural! These are a little more expensive, but really tasty for a frozen meal!

SNACK

Same options from snacks listed above!

DINNER

Not gonna lie - it's probably going to be chicken with broccoli or just a big plate of broccoli sauteed with a bit of olive oil and garlic, topped with some toasted pine nuts - I never get tired of it :).

SNACK (late night)

6 oz. skim or lowfat milk OR
1/4 cup cottage cheese OR
small slice of cheddar w/ 1/4 cup of wine (I know it's just a nip, but it works!)

Make it another great week and please share your ideas, tips, thoughts, whatever you like! We wanna hear from you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job Jen!! Thanks for inspiring!!

Ros said...

Congratulations on dropping 1 size--Woo Hoo!!! Doesn't it feel great!! (ahem, better get working here) Like you, not much on the scale thing either. Mmmm, the broccoli w/pine nuts sounds totally dee-lish!! Thanks for another great WYWW!! ^_^