Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Whittle Your Waistline Wednesday ~ Week 6

In an unprecedented WYWW move, I am in full HusbandjustleftforJapanforthreeweeks-theblizzardiscomingandthere'snoschooluntilnextTues-survival mode.  What does this means?  My friends, this means I am going to defer to the "desperate times call for desperate measures" way of thinking... Okay, okay, enough with the theatrics!  It all sounds potentially grim, but I am here to tell you that I am used to my husband being away and frankly, I run a tight ship when Mr. Fun isn't around!  It's an all girl party and in true preparation for a big storm, I joined in the melee at Target yesterday to stock up on "milk, butter and eggs" along with some fun crafty things to keep us (myself and my two daughters ages 6 and 4) busy.  I also happen to know that many of my neighbors don't have to go to work today because the entire state of NJ is under a winter storm watch --- it is entirely possible they could tromp on over for an impromptu happy hour later today!

Meanwhile - I'm not going to get crazy - I'm going to be real with you all and, instead of posting a menu, I am going to list the things that I believe I will be eating today.

Big pot of good smelling coffee ~ today's choice Chock-Full O Nuts City Blend - it's nice!
Fage yogurt with strawberries
Protein smoothies
Chicken noodle soup
100 calorie bags of popcorn (to go with the movie we will watch)
1 or 2 mini 3 Musketeers Dark Choc with Cherry (they looked SO pretty and you know I'm a sucker for marketing!)
Reduced Fat Wheat Thins w/Garlic Hummus (potential snow party snack)
1 or 2 moderate (i.e., not the giant size) glasses of red wine (this is really for medicinal purposes - you understand)

Hope the weather where you are is sunny, warm and Spring-like...I can dream can't I?  In all seriousness, this kind of weather only makes the coming of Spring that much sweeter!

Have a great day!

6 comments:

Marianne said...

Great post Jen! I am so sympathetic for you having to man the ship for 3 weeks during this horrible weather! It's literally hailing here on top of the foot of snow we just got, yikes! Keep up the serenity... I gotta shovel! :)

Ros said...

The snowmaggedon is vicious!! Ok, I'll be nice and won't mention about our weather here in AZ. Jen, my hubby worked away from home for 6 years. There was 1 yr. I think we only saw each other 2 or 3 times. Rough life, but we get through it, right? Hang in there and enjoy the movie. {{Hugs}}

Jen C. said...

Thanks girls! Oh boy Ros- is your hubs a military man as well? Mine is just off on his last det to Japan before retiring (after 20 yrs.) this summer. Since I met him towards the end of active duty I have not had to endure super long separations that many others have. I really am used to it and the girls know that Daddy will bring home fun prizes for them :). Love! xox

Ros said...

Woo-Hoo! That's awesome your hubby's retiring this summer. Is there going to be a big party celebration? WoW, big salute to your hubby's military service. I have a brother who retired in the Army now living in TX & my hubby served a few years in the Marines right after high school. He worked for Citibank for 20+ yrs. that had him travel so much for long periods at a time. Most foreign countries don't have the infrastructure to cater to the mentally handicapped, if so, it's too expensive, so we thought it was best that I remain in the US with our daughter.

Tracy said...

I think it's great that you have a plan as to what to eat b/c it's very easy to munch away while it's snowing outside! Congrats on being prepared! :)

Unknown said...

What a great and honest article Jen! I don't know how you do it. Even though you're use to having Paul gone it's still gotta be tough. This is a long one. Stay warm and have fun with the girls! Talk to you soon. Love ya!