Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Whittle Your Waistline Wednesday, Week 5!

 With all of the exciting events looming just over the horizon, I am trying not to feel panicked about looking and feeling my best!  Sometimes, when I’m stressed I can sort of subconsciously sabotage myself.  I have worked hard to recognize that habit and turn those moments into something positive instead of taking a step backward!  The good news is, it isn’t as hard as I thought it would be!  I have also learned something really wonderful (for me anyway) – it’s OKAY to feel a bit hungry!  Who knew?  It’s almost sort of a relief like, hey – I can do this!  I know I have eaten properly and I don’t feel famished, just maybe that kind of hungry you get when you are getting ready to snack on something out of boredom.  Lemme tell ya folks, I am waaaayyyy to busy for any feelings of boredom these days!  So, here’s what’s on the menu today and, thanks to Jennifer Magee (Express Yourself Baby), I’m going to try a new recipe she got from Racheal Ray.  It’s sure to be Yum-O!!

FIRST THING – Big glass of water (by the way, for those of you following, yesterday would have been my beloved Gram’s 87th birthday…I sure wish she was here to see how things have turned out for me)  Also going to switch it up this morning and have a nice big cup of hot tea instead of coffee.

BREAKFAST  It’s gotta be quick today!  Protein shake made with 8 oz. (about half bottle) Bolthouse Farms Berry Boost Smoothie in blender with 1 scoop EAS Vanilla Whey and a few ice cubes

SNACK  Big glass of water and half of an EAS Edge Peanut Butter Chocolate Bar

LUNCH  3 egg whites (one yolk!) scrambled with a handful of baby spinach over 1 slice 100% Whole Wheat toast.  I garnish with red pepper flakes instead of salt, a little sprinkle (of salt) won’t kill you though!

SNACK ½ scoop EAS Vanilla Whey Protein Powder in 6 – 8 oz of water.  I just throw it in my shaker and go.

DINNER  Here is the link to what is sure to be a fabulous meal tonight!  http://www.rachaelray.com/recipe.php?recipe_id=3184    Turkey Burgers with Cranberry-Pomegranate Sauce!  Jennifer said her husband loved them so much he thought they should have them for Thanksgiving this year!

SNACK Definitely going with 6 oz. skim or lowfat milk tonight to ensure a good night’s rest!

Hope everyone is having a great week!  I am seeing the fruits of my labor pay off and need to push through, past the point where I normally stop or get sidetracked – not this time people!!  Look good, feel good!  Couldn’t be more true.

Enjoy and share a recipe if you like!

No comments: