Wednesday, November 18, 2009

It's Party Time!

It's 10:02 p.m. The house has been what I like to call "squared around". All of the laundry is done, folded and put away. There are four complete outfits laid out neatly in both of the girls' rooms. Notes have been written about what to pack for lunches, not to forget about Syd's riding lesson tomorrow, allergy meds each night and to definitely not forget about the mandatory parent meeting at church tomorrow evening. I've made dinner suggestions and listed ideas about potentially fun activities for the weekend. Oh yes, and I've packed my suitcase, polished my nails and plucked my eyebrows...

I know what you might be thinking, so I must confess that, while my husband is more than capable of taking care of our girls for a few days while I am away, somehow all of this prepping to try to make it a little easier makes me feel much better about heading off on this fun-filled adventure!

I am on my way to Seattle tomorrow to see my good friend Melinda, who I have not seen since we met in Chicago that Thursday in late June.

The launch party this Saturday will be a celebration of many things, not the least of which is the culmination of Melinda's tireless energy and our dual determination to help our fellow women inventors by bringing Womentorz.com to life!

It's going to be a BIG night. As we've said, the Sisters of Sizzle will be adding their flair, we're expecting a full house at Zeitgeist, and are also hoping to confirm some media coverage of this milestone event. There will be fabulous food and drink, along with hundreds of dollars worth of door prizes!

There will also be a "Skype Station" set up so you can party with us from the comfort of your own home. We will be posting instructions for this at some point tomorrow.

Can't wait to see everyone Saturday night!

7 comments:

Spooneez said...

Have a safe trip! We are so honored to be a part of Womentorz. Can't wait to hear all about the party & hoping to skype in if possible!

Jen C. said...

Hi, Maythi and Robin! Thank you and I we will definitely Skype it up at the party!

Jennifer Reyes said...

Great Job ladies... I know it's going to be a huge success!! I'm planning to skype too!

lizzieloushoes said...

Have a great trip! Look forward to seeing you all tweet about your meetings and fun times. Can't wait to be a part of it on Skype.

Anonymous said...

Much success and lots of fun!

Pieces of Me by Cindy said...

Much success and lots of fun!

Ros said...

I'm so proud to be a part of a dynamic community and work with inspiring pioneers, Melinda & Jen. I'm humbled to showcase along side some of the most innovative, enterprising and inspiring women inventors. BRAVO to Melinda & Jen for bringing Womentorz to life; wishing the inventors much success! Here's to a new beginning!