Sunday, July 4, 2010

First Road Trip of the Summer To Coupeville, Washington

As I mentioned in a previous blog posting, I am making an effort over the summer to make up for all of the time I have dedicated to my business over the past year by planning a weekly road trip with my two sons, spending some much needed quality time together.  My six year old son selected Coupeville, Washington as his choice for our first adventure.  I had never been to Coupeville, so this was going to be an educational trip for all of us. 

The morning of our road trip took much planning and organizing.  I worked late the night before on projects for Womentroz and awakened to a ton of emails waiting for me to respond.  I forced myself to close the computer (which is very hard for me) and focus on my priority for the day.  When the kids woke up from a restful night they were very excited about our trip.  This gave me new energy that made it all worthwhile.  

We were finally packed and off to Mukilteo to catch a ferry to Clinton located on Whidbey Island.  I was surprised how large Whidbey Island is and how sparsely populated it was.  It was an extremely beautiful drive to Coupeville, but not nearly as interesting and beautiful as the town itself.  This history of the town is amazing to behold as it is the oldest town on the entire island.

I could tell that my oldest son was really appreciating the trip and the history of the town.  It was the first time I had seen him enjoy visiting a museum and learning everything about the area. Both of my sons were just happy to be spending time with their mommy.  It has been a long time since we've had this type of quality time together and made me realize that there is much more to life than business.  Sometimes puting things into perspective helps to balance and re-energize ones self, which has positive results all around.

It's nice to be making up for lost time this summer.  I'm really looking forward to our next trip to Redmond Ridge, Duvall, Carnation, Snoqualmie and the rest of the Snoqualmie River Tour!  The falls should be the highlight for the boys.


Happy 4th of July.  Enjoy your time with your families.


No comments: