Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Womentorz is helping businesses across the nation grow their Facebook Fan Page

I spent weeks racking my brain on how I could market Womentorz on Facebook while helping other businesses in the process.  Finally, it occurred to me that sharing and suggesting a Fan Page is such an easy thing to do and most people are willing to do it since it only takes a matter of seconds.  If only a few people suggested a page to their friends asking them to share that same page to their friends that it would be like a Domino effect.  I would make sure to only promote a page a week so it wouldn't be an annoyance suggesting and sharing a new page on a daily basis.  This would also allow 5 days for the "Likes" to come rolling in with the final numbers being posted on Friday.

In my head this scenario would work, but I had never seen it done.  I'm sure I'm not the first to think of and implement this idea since I'm nothing special.  Still, I shared my plan and the requests starting piling up.  Before I knew it I had over 22 weeks booked up and a lot of excitement and buzz over the "experiment".  

The first Monday finally comes where I can start the my first Womentorz Fan Page of the Week for Rooibee Red Tea.  Their beginning "Likes" were at 451.   After just 48 hours they have increased their "Likes" to over 528.  If you know Facebook and how fast your "Likes" increase you know that this is a much faster fan surge than even advertising on Facebook to millions can bring you.  The best part is it's free!!!!  The only request is that the owner of the Fan Page "Like" Womentorz and post a reply under "Notes" with the name and link of their business fan page.  Click here to go to the Womentorz FB Fan Page.
This service is for ALL businesses on Facebook!!!  Happy Social Networking!

3 comments:

Ros said...

My FB page is under Ros Guerrero, but if you type in Ficklets it'll take you to my page. I know I should have a separate page, but I'm not sure I can keep up with all social media sites. Your thoughts??

Unknown said...

Hi Lovely Ros!

One thought is to have your Facebook link to your Twitter account to tweet your posts automatically. I personally prefer FB over Twitter because it's easier to keep track of comments and it's a more intimate environment.

Besides the Womentorz Blog, I really only spend my time on Twitter and FB. I use LinkedIn a bit, but I don't receive the same immediate gratification. I hope this helps.

Melinda

Ros said...

Hi Sweet Melinda!

Good idea on linking. I'll look into that. Thank you for sharing.