Monday, June 21, 2010

Our Summer Adventure

Over the past year I have put some very long hours into growing my business and supporting Womentorz members.  Many of these hours have cut into quality family time, so it's time to make up for that over the summer now that I'm on a workable schedule.

Prior to summer I would lie awake at night worrying about how I was going to juggle work and my motherly duties once my son wasn't going to be in school.  I'm used to having my two year old at my side, but having both of them needing much deserved attention was going to be a challenge.  I've always made a point of getting up and using the early morning hours to finish important projects and leaving the time the children are awake for running back and forth between them, the computer and phone. 

One of our members, KT Steppers, has a wonderful new blog dedicated entirely to this subject called Master of Multistasking (M.O.M).  This will be a great blog to follow to celebrate all of the Moms who make it happen!

Now that summer is here I have compiled a plan to have at least one full day every week where we get out of the house and spend quality time together.  I've asked my older son Payton to select one town on a Washington map where we learn everything we can about that town during our visit.

Our first road trip will be this Friday, June 25th, where we will be visiting Coupeville, WA on Whidbey Island.  It's about a two hour drive from where we live, which is Edmonds, WA.  Click for more information about Coupeville.

I plan on documenting our fun adventures as some lighthearted and entertaining blog postings in between all of our informational content.  LET THE SUMMER ADVENTURES BEGIN!!!

3 comments:

Cathy @ NurtureStore said...

What a fantastic idea. Hope you have some fun adventures.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Cathy!!! I haven't done anything like this for a long time, so it's time to have some adventure. My kids need their fun mommy back. : )

Ros said...

I love how you said that - "My kids need their fun mommy back". It's true Melinda... I'm mindful of that always, especially since my daughter will never truly understand why I work the way I do. You ARE fun... so keep that alive sweet Melinda.

Have a blast!! And remember to be silly too. ;D